Monday 3 November 2014

My new book and a year of life with Catherine Howard



I am absolutely delighted to be say that my biography of Catherine Howard, Young and Damned and Fair: The Life and Tragedy of Catherine Howard at the court of King Henry VIII, will be published in the US and Canada by Simon & Schuster and by HarperCollins in the UK and rest of the Commonwealth.

I first wrote about Catherine's household as part of my postgraduate research at Queen's University, Belfast, in 2011 and it has been wonderful to return to her.

Over the next year, as I work on the manuscript, I'd like to share some of that experience with you by posting a few photographs of the places I'm travelling to and the research I'm carrying out! In the meantime, you can visit my Facebook page or follow me on Instagram and Twitter. Next week, I'll be in Oxford in the warmth of its wonderful archives and libraries that I am elated to return to. 

I'm very excited for this project.

Gareth

3 comments:

  1. I believe it'll be on the shelves in 2016! It seems a long way off, but once I start writing, I realise how quickly time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations--you are on a roll (to use an American expression)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails